Monday 29 October 2012

A bit about me



I’m Jai (short for Jaime), I’m in my 30’s (I’m not embarrassed about my age but it means I don’t have to remember to update this for a while!) and I live in Cornwall. I have one child, Jessica, and we live with my partner. I work part time. I’ve done a number of jobs from mystery shopper to librarian to karate instructor and I have degrees in English Literature and Law. I love crafts of most kinds, reading, cooking, and spending time with my family. I’m emotionally close to my parents but they live a very long way away so I don’t see them much. Although I grew up in Cornwall, I spent almost half my life in Essex until I moved back ‘home’ recently, so most of my friends are either hundreds of miles away or ‘virtual’, i.e. online friends. I love living in Cornwall but it can be lonely and I don’t have the support network here that I’m used to. It does have advantages here though; spending lots of time on the beach and not having to barricade my door at night for starters!

Welcome to my blog. You probably ended up here because you know me, but if you’ve found me by accident, hopefully you’ll get to know me a bit too. I don’t have a particular theme; it’s just my vague ramblings and it will cover whatever interests me at the time; craft projects, recipes, parenting, reviews, my opinions on pretty much anything!

So come on in. Pull up a chair and I’ll put the kettle on. I have some delicious homemade cookies and the house is cosy, so put your feet up, make yourself at home and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment